Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not Psalm 22 exactly

My God, My God! Why have I forsaken you?
Why do I remain distant?
Why do I ignore my heart's cries for help?

Everyday you call to me, my God, but I do not answer.
Every night. I hear your voice, but
I do not listen.

You are holy...

(To me:) Do not stay so far from God,
for trouble is near
and no one else can help me.

My life is poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart is like wax,
melting within me.
My strength has dried up like sunbaked clay.
My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth.
I have laid myself in the dust and left myself for dead.

O Lord, why do I stay away?
You are my strength--I must come quickly to you!

Rescue me from myself.

Snatch me from the jaws of the lion
of numb complacency,
and from the horns of these wild oxen
of chaos, disorder, and decay.

The poor will eat eat and be satisfied.
All who seek the Lord will praise him.
Their hearts will rejoice with everlasting joy.

No comments: